International Men’s Day will take place on Friday, November 19, 2021.
Celebrated now in more than 90 countries around the world, IMD acknowledges the positive value men bring to the world, their families and communities. It is an opportunity to raise awareness of men’s health and well-being, and to call out positive and diverse role models.
Join us in showing recognition to the positive male role models in our Cayman Islands community - men who continue to positively contribute in their own unique way. We salute you!
Here are a few suggestions on how you can celebrate International Men’s Day this year and how to get your workplace, community, local government and friends involved.
With the full endorsement of the Cayman Islands Chamber of Commerce, the FRC has organised an island-wide sales event aiming to:
• Increase community awareness of International Men’s Day and it goals;
• Provide greater validation for men and boys who continue to positively contribute to the Cayman Islands community;
• Support local businesses which have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic;
• Magnify the conversation surrounding issues about and affecting men and boys;
• Increase awareness of the programmes and services offered by the Family Resource Centre;
• Improve solidarity for members of the community by sharing in a unified event;
• Create a point of reference for balancing gender relations;
• Participate in a national event which will evolve into an annual feature on the calendar.
We invite you to support local businesses by participating in this island-wide sales event. Look for this storefront poster at participating stores.